Pages

Rocker Cellist!!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I've been playing Escape Game: "Out" for many many nights now. Every night I get closer to solving it. Unfortunately now I'm stuck again. Bah.. I'll have to sleep over it and try again tomorrow. I will complete it!! Soon!! I know I can..

Xin, Su and I were supposed to take Ee May out before she goes off to Australia. It seemed more like she was the one who took us out today. Haha.. Her friends in her french class gave her 4 free tickets to MPO. Not just any tickets.. BOX SEATS!! GLORIOUS BOX SEATS!! I have no idea how much they cost. I doubt I'll be able to afford it anytime soon. (Maybe I should consider taking up french..) It's a totally different experience from the box seats compared to the usual RM20++ front row ones. Such a joy. =D Too bad the show was only an hour and a half long. To add salt to the wound, Suleen and I took a wrong turning in KL which made us miss the first 22 minutes of the performance. Bummer..

The box we were seated at was called "Cinta Sayang Suite". Of all names... haha.

There is always this cellist in MPO that looks more like a rocker than a classical cello player. He has thick blond curly hair tied in a pony tail and has this mean-looking, macho frowning face all the time while playing. We've only seen him smile like, once.. that's it. I've tried to find a photo of him through the MPO website but no luck. I'm so sure he was meant for greater things.. He'd look so good with a bass playing trash metal or something.

Well today, Ee May, Xin, Suleen and I decided to write a note to our beloved rocker. We tore out the orchestra group photo from the program book and circled his face with a heart. We then wrote on the paper "We love you Rocker Cellist!! You're the BOMB!!" (we wrote much more but my memory fails me). Finally we signed the paper and waited downstairs for him after the show ended.

Ee May passed the note to the rocker saying "We think you rock!!". He stared at the note for awhile, then he replied with a smile, "Rocker Cellist? whoa.. Check it out!!" He then thanked us and went his way.

I'm quite sure we made his day. =) That was the second time I've ever seen him smile. He was still reading that piece of paper after he walked away. He'll probably frame it and hang it above is bed or something, hopefully thinking of a career change. Then again he might have thrown it in the dusbin down at KFC, who knows? Either way, it was not your ordinary MPO visit. =D

3 noodle(s) ordered!!:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had loads of fun!!

hey justin!! :D

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Hey Mai! =D You haven't updated since fathers day! ahaha

Anonymous said...

eh i did la. but some were locked. i'll unlock the future entries from now onwards. forgot you moved to blogspot :P