Pages

Mumba!!!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

My goodness, how quickly time flies. Tomorrow marks my 1 month stay in Australia already. At least the transition stage is not over for now. (When winter comes is another transition) I must say I've grown fond of the place, although there's nothing quite like home. =) We complain most often about the food, how pricey it is, (An ordinary loaf of bread here is $3.45. Imagine playing RM10 for your loaf of bread.) and how it just doesn't compare to food back home. Singapore Bi Hoon tastes as if it was made by cut rubber bands. Sigh, how I miss you Milo Ais. Nothing compares to your sweet chocolaty taste and the surge of alertness and energy you provide for surviving 2-hour lectures. How will I last a year without you?

I seem to be getting skinnier, here food is not as easily attainable (especially after 5pm) and when you DO want to eat, you'd think twice before making your purchase. Cooking takes up more time, and my cooking is far from wonderful yet. haha, my slimming will be great news for Xin I believe. xD

Altera DE2 board
Altera DE2 board


One of the many wonderful toys us E&E engineers get to play with, the Altera DE2 board!. We're encouraged to purchase one for this class and for future use like for our thesis project. With a little bit of programming, the board can do magical things. =D It's not the cheapest of electronics though, going for about $300 Aussie or RM900 for students. How ah?


Khong
Sunshine Yellow


Also yesterday was the Mumba Waterfest along the Yarra River in the city! xD A wonderful carnival with games stalls (and BIG soft toys!), amusement park rides and a grand fireworks display to end the night!


Mamba Fest
Mamba Fest
Li Heng, from Hong Kong to do his major in Music. His guitar playing can send you crying to sleep for nights. He makes Dream Theater look easy. xD Oddly enough, he's majoring in Piano.

Mamba Fest
Mamba Fest
Mamba Fest
Mamba Fest
A flight of stairs at Federation Square. With hundreds rushing through to catch the carnival, we stood in the middle of the stairs and stood still for 20 seconds. xD

Mamba Fest
Mamba Fest
Mamba Fest

Le' Grand Finale'! Too bad there was no space for my tiny tripod, I could only tuck my camera close to my torso and hope for the best. Fortunately a few came out okay. =D





0 noodle(s) ordered!!: