Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another 4 days to Finals, sigh.. Give me enough single core wire from the electrical lab and I could very well hang myself... So much to prepare, I pray that I'll make it. Do remember me in prayer..

It's scary how the fate of thousands of ringgit depend on a 5 question paper that will only last for 3 hours. *shudder*

Not to mention juggling the Youth Outreach event as well. LORD, give me strength..

Having the grace of a plank of wood, acting isn't exactly my forte.. But I'm hopeful that it'll all work out. =)

An item to Praise God for! The drum synth circuit actually worked!! =D In my eyes, it's a modern day miracle. Not to mention it all happened 10 minutes before the lecturer came to us to review our circuit. All those hours at the lab were worth it after all. What a joy it was to see the result on the computer screen. =D The very same graph we saw days ago then our circuit was working momentarily.

See the blue shaded part? That's the stuff euphoria is made of. =D

We had 15 minutes left before lecturer comes to review our circuit and our drum circuit was showing no signs of working. Desperately, I thought of a way to rewire the circuit so that we would at least get some sort of output rather than nothing at all. We tried it out and it worked! But seconds later we heard a feint pop sound. A moment of shock followed. Our circuit was not working at all.. AGAIN.

We panicked, at least I did. 10 more minutes before the lecturer come and we just blew something. Quickly, we tried to figure out what could be wrong. Micheal then took out one of the IC chips and tested it along with a few other IC's we had. His suspicion was right, we just blew one of our op-amps.

Rushing back to our circuit, we placed our last and only working op-amp back into the prototyping board. While Micheal was wiring it up, I was bracing myself for the worst. I didn't expect it to work, not at all..

Miraculously, we heard that feint twanging sound we heard so many days ago. Looking at the computer screen, we saw the exact graph we wanted.

It felt as if we just landed a man on the moon..


Taking the circuit apart after presentation felt very therapeutic. =D I must say I enjoyed taking the components apart a little too much. Still, I couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness of taking apart something we've worked so hard on. As a souvenir I kept one of the LED's that we bought from Pudu. I'm not sure why myself, Haha. It looks like a small piece of rubbish sitting in the car.

Something to remind me of that little miracle God has done I suppose. =)



On a side note, Jonnnnnn... I miss you la.... xD Ahahahaha.. Friday nights is just not the same without Gaming Night. Lol.. Itchy for Golden Axe III! And me and Ken have a game to introduce to you! Really kiasu game! Hahaha. Don't we Ken? =D







0 noodle(s) ordered!!: