Pages

Perpetual Darkness

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I feel like I've returned to the stone age. My my, I've never realized how much I took simple fluorescent lamps for granted.

My room light decided to retire after many years of service giving light to whosoever lived in Richardson Hall room 3C2 since the 60's. (according to the electrician) haha.

The guy came over and tried to fix it, but in his attempt he snapped something and signaled the final demise of my beloved room light. He didn't have the stuff needed to fix it up again, so he told me they'll get it done tomorrow.

It doesn't help that in winter the sun goes down at 5.30 in the evening. lol. It gets dark mighty pretty fast in these parts.

All I have to illuminate my room is a tiny yellow light desk lamp my local Resident Adviser lent me. It sure beats the glow of my laptop. hahaha. Thanks Amanda! =D

Guess you really won't appreciate some things till it's gone, I'd really like to have some nice white light in my room now. lol.. Hope they fix it up soon. Won't want to crash Beng's room again tomorrow night to study. Hahahaha, thanks Beng for your hospitality. =D

Beng was preparing for his Law paper. If they allow you to take text books into an exam, that says a lot about how they're so certain you're still going to suffer with all the answers within the pages of the book you bring in. It isn't a very thin book either.. After hearing him talk about how crazy it is, I'm sure glad I'm not doing Law. xD Even messaged my dad to tell him about it. Ahahahahaha.. Sorry dad. Guess I didn't get your brains. I certainly didn't get my mom's brains either, I'm so hopeless in finance and accounting. Oh dear, who's brains did I get? haha. xD

Okay, I'll hit the bed. All this typing in the dark is making my eyes hurt. May your days be well lit and bright. =D


0 noodle(s) ordered!!: