Pages

Movie Junkie!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Oh how I miss and appreciate the cinemas back home. Here, the student price tickets are priced at 10 dollars (RM30 ringgit), compared to the mere 6-7 ringgit in Pyramid. Furthermore the only popcorn they have here is the salty kind, maybe I'll make a killing here by introducing sweet caramel popcorn to the market here..

Still, these reasons don't stop the avid cinema lover I am. =D Below are a few of the movies I managed to catch recently.

An interesting tale loosely based on King Henry VIII and his relationship with Anne and Mary Boleyn. Most of the guys only came for 2 reasons, Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson.. Haha! I must admit the former was certainly a driving force as well for me. xD The girls on the other hand had the handsome Eric Bana to keep them company. =D

While a tad bit slow sometimes, I thought it was good how they portrayed the once close relationship of the siblings gradually changing to a very bitter ordeal. There were times where the audience had a good laugh at times where I'm sure we were not supposed to. xD

When I went for this movie I had a vision of what I aspire to be. Sitting beside us were these 2 old ladies, probably in their 70's or 80's. They looked like close friends, happily chatting away before the movie began and discussing about it when the movie ended. Behind them, an elderly man around the same age as they were. I pray when I'm their age I'll still be able to eat KFC and Pizza Hut (just like Xin's Grandma, she's my hero) and watch Batman 8 or Rocky XXIV in the cinemas. xD

A bittersweet love story set in 1925. The sarcastic humor and the lines for the movie were awesome. xD Jokes aside I'm sure this movie will tug a few heartstrings as well. Catch it if you can!

And the latest one..

I watched this with a bunch of mostly engineers. You have no idea how we salivated all over the designing of the armored suit. xD We just hope the movie didn't inspire our Engineering Design lecturers lest they make us design a fully operational Mark III suit next semester.


So can't wait for these babies to be released! xD




What's not to love about the Dark Knight? From the latest trailer in the official site it looks OH-SEM!! xD


Who can forget the signature theme song of the world's greatest archeologist? =D Mr. Ford looks super old in the movie! Reminds me of Die Hard 4. Ahahahahaha.. Does he still have what it takes to save the day?


I remember watching the cartoons when I was a kid. Love the ultra-colourful concept of the movie, it truly captures the world in the imagination of a child. =D From the Wachowski brothers too!


Hahahaha. I'm a sucker for Will Smith movies. Thanks Ammar for letting me know about this. xD


The only reason this is here is because of Morgan Freeman. Not Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman. xD It looks like a trashy generic action movie, all thrills no plot, but who knows? Shouldn't judge a movie by its trailer. =)

2 noodle(s) ordered!!:

Titus said...

Hmm... you're good in English! Something very lacking in the average Malaysian.

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Wow.. I'm honored. Kinda the first time I got that. haha, thanks Titus. I've always felt that my "england" was below par compared to many of my peers and close friends since I'm not the biggest fan of reading or books. hehehe.