Pages

Request for prayer

Thursday, April 10, 2008



This is my grandfather. Maybe you've seen his picture in Kee Ken's blog before. This was taken last Chinese New Year when I was back in Kuantan. I just got off the phone with my mom. A few weeks ago my family noticed that he has been out of character lately. His usual jolly active self has faded and he has become quieter and just sits around at home, saying that he was feeling tired and weak.

He also has been having various memory problems, he now often can't complete his sentences because he forgot what he was talking about. He couldn't even remember who my mom was at one instance was when he was with her the entire day, nor the names of his other children sometimes. It was getting so bad to the point he has forgotten how to smoke, something he has been doing for at least half a century. All these complications were too sudden to be because of old age, he's a healthy strong man for someone as old as he is..

My mom took him to the doctor and discovered that there's a blood clot in his brain, which is causing the change in personality and memory loss. The doctors suggested surgery to correct this, however the procedure will have its risks because of his age. The operation is tomorrow, they brought it forward because the doctors wanted to correct it as soon as possible.

Do pray for him, that the surgery will be successful without and complications and that my grandfather will return back to full health, to the strong macho jolly grandfather he used to be..



0 noodle(s) ordered!!: