Pages

Question?

Sunday, December 30, 2007

There's something I can't quite figure out, I'm hoping anyone out there who reads this has some insights.

I've been surveying prices for the Canon PowerShot A560. From what I see, most retailers price the baby at approximately RM700-RM800. This price comes with a 1GB SD card.

Now, I've stumbled upon this shop's website on Lelong.com offering it for RM550, also with a 1GB memory card. It so happens that the shop offering this is at Subang Square SS15, right opposite the Guitar Pro Shop.

My question is this, why can they sell it for 200 ringgit less? What's the catch? Their website says it's because they're a distributor. I can't examine the product beforehand because they're out of stock. To place an order I would need to give a RM200 deposit.

Is it a scam? Any thoughts? The shop's Lelong reputation is pretty much clean with 130+ happy customers. I would like to believe it's the real deal, but then again you can't be too cautious. My reasoning is because the retail price in the US is $150, which is RM550.

Well, if you have any idea do write on the cbox. =D



0 noodle(s) ordered!!: