Pages

Gotta ♥ Creative!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finally!

Hurrah for mid-semester brakes!

A week where I don't have to worry about preparing for labs, finishing up reports or seeing my supervisor!

For the week I'm gonna things slow, get some personal projects done and to study at my own pace for the upcoming mid-terms.

I compiled for myself a list of things I want to do during the break, one of which concerns my beloved non-functional Creative Zen.

I got my good ol' 8GB Creative Zen while I was in Australia. It was a loyal friend, providing many hours of solid audio entertainment during my travels on foot, on the bus, aboard a train or in a plane. The Zen supplied relief for times when my friends and I would otherwise be bored out of our skulls. Amazing how much joy a splitter cable can bring!

It died a few months back while I was charging it using a generic mains-powered USB charger. Simon assured me that Creative products are fickle and will spring back to life in a few days like his player did.

It never did. sigh..

So today I set off to the Creative Service Center in Endah Parade to get it repaired.

Upon arriving at the place, I passed the dead player to the technician to be inspected. I was hoping it could be easily brought back to life with simple part replacement at a minimal fee, but unfortunately the situation wasn't so simple.

Apparently the hard disk was fried. Repair cost would amount up to 300 ringgit, IF they had the parts. They didn't have stock for the replacement hard disk my model needed, so repairs couldn't be done.

The technician then asked if I wanted a brand new Creative Zen X-Fi player for RM300.

The revised model of my dead player with 8GB of space which retails for about RM580 was offered to me at RM300.

He explains that it's company policy that if repairs cannot be arranged, they will offer a brand new unit for the estimated price of repairs. Initially only a 6 month warranty was given, like they would normally give after a repair job. I asked if it could be a 1 year warranty and he went out of his way to make it happen.

It was a really tempting offer but I wasn't sure initially. After visiting an internet cafe within the mall to check for reviews on the player and making some calls to get the blessings of a certain individuals, I decided to bite the bait. :p

So here it is!




Lady GaGa is my guilty pleasure. :p

Must ikat perut a little for the rest of the month, but overall I'm overjoyed to have a music player again!

Creative so rocks. What awesome customer service! xD


Can't wait to complete the other tasks in my list!

2 noodle(s) ordered!!:

Titus said...

wah.. did that seriously happen in Malaysia?

while reading it, i thought you were in Australia... then when i was done, i remembered: hey.. this is Justin's blog!

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Hey!

haha, yep! Right here in our own shores! :D Superb right? lol. What amazed me was that they cared so much even though it was already past the warranty period.