Pages

What a difference... some RAM makes..

Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Why didn't I do this sooner?

Last night while getting some RAM for Xin for our anniversary, I was contemplating on getting some RAM for myself as well..

Why didn't I do it sooner?!

I've been thinking about the idea for sometime now, but I wasn't too sure if it would make that much of a difference.

My wife computer was not too bad, although it was showing little signs of aging. Usually when open a word document, an excel document and MATLAB at the same time (a typical setup for doing reports), it goes to a bad crawl.

And let's not even talk about gaming. It's a sign when your computer takes 10 plus minutes just to change a few settings.

So, justifying myself saying that it will increase my university productivity two-fold =P I got myself 1GB of RAM. Apacer, 1GB DDR2, 140 bucks, a reasonable price I figured.

Acer people are such clever people. The number of RAM slots for a laptop is 2. My computer came with 512MB of RAM. They just had to use two 256MB ones.

So with my newly added 1GB stick, my wife PC now has 1.2GB of wonderful wonderful RAM. =D Nothing much compared to Kee Ken's 2GB, lol.. but it works for me!

Dark Messiah is such a joy to play now.. xD No more melting plastic smell from my laptop!

I should try to install Battlefield 2 again. Maybe this time they won't kick me out of servers anymore.


Bioshock!


0 noodle(s) ordered!!: