Pages

Cosmic Funk Express!! We love you!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Three words...

COSMIC FUNK EXPRESS!!


What a blast the Jazz Fest has been..

A few of us went over to Crissy's place last night for a surprise birthday for Hannah. Happy Birthday Hannah Banana!! =D I'm quite she was surprised.. We being the professional nonsense people we are.. =p

The look on her face was priceless..

"Oh my gosh....." Haha!~

I'll update with photo's once I get my hands on some.

We then devoured the fabulous dinner that was prepared by Crissy and Auntie Lee Ching. Oh glorious lasagna, beef pasta, giant sausages and Otai burgers.. lol.

But the fun was just beginning..

After eating our hearts out, chatting, opening presents and laughing like lunatics we proceeded to Mont' Kiara for the SUNRISE JAZZ AND RHYTHM FESTIVAL!!

(insert picture of Jazz festival here)


Haha, be patient. Pictures will come.

As always the fest was amazing, packed and crowded. It's amazing how many people you bump into at the jazz fest. You feel so happening and cultured. Haha..

Then there was them..

(insert another picture of Jazz festival here)


COSMIC FUNK EXPRESS!!


Such fantastic musicians. The guitarist Zach just blew me away with his jaw-dropping display of speed, emotion and skill. I couldn't help but laugh aloud when they played the medley of Fantasy Impromptu and the Super Mario theme song. Haha, what a show. I could have stayed there all night.. =)

Good musicians do two things. They amaze us and make us drool buckets in awe, and they also have an uncanny ability to make us feel dreadfully untalented wishing never to play our beloved instruments ever again. =D Haha.. (ref: Simon Sim)

But ultimately those two things should inspire us to practice more, develop and polish our talents and skills that God has blessed us with. These guys show you where you stand in your music and lead you towards the path of playing better, and hopefully making other people drool buckets with your mad music skillz in the near future. =D More importantly, using them for His glory..

I definitely know I need so much work. With the many talents I see every other day like Jon, Raymond and Daryl, I don't need superb fantastic demi-god guitarists like Zach to show me where I stand. There's so much room to grow.

It's a tough road, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. =)

I'm sure Simon was definitely inspired. We was doing research on jazz guitar and experimenting with new drum stuff the very next day. lol..

3 noodle(s) ordered!!:

Anonymous said...

sigh... they are so very insanely talented. yeah, i guess we have to take it as motivation to excel in music. and yeah, it's gonna be a long, tough road for me

hey, you want some of the pics? i got a few from liesl that i can send to you. but those from from christina's blog are nicer :P that guy got nice camera, man.

haha, i think everyone also pernah kena the window crash thing. i can testify to that :P

Hannah said...

you know what,justin.i think you're too busy oogling at other people,you don't even realise what YOU have.ish..if you have room for improvement,i have ROOMS for improvement!!!!!(probably more like buildings)

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Simon - Yes, pictures will be very nice to fill the empty void in my blog. thanks! =p

Hannah - Haha, we all have ROOMS to grow. =) They're just diffrent rooms. I think you guys (your gang) are going great! =D I certainly didn't play as well as you guys within 1 year of learning.