Pages

HELP!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wah!

I'm in Blogger!

My goodness, I've been having an awful time with my PC.

Ever since January started, for some particular reason my PC can't access certain sites..

Facebook, Gmail, Blogger, Hotmail, MSN Messenger. Sigh..

Was hoping it was a router problem or something, but on my sisters PC all these sites work just fine. Meaning that the problem is probably my computer instead.

I've tried my hands on every "solution" I could find. Disabling the firewall, messing with the registry and MTU values, disabling add-ons on Firefox, changing settings, resetting those settings.

GAH!!

What on earth is wrong with you?!?! *prods PC*

If you have ANY idea what might be wrong, PLEASE CALL ME!!

Gah.. sucks having OCD about computer issues.


If all else fails I just might need to.. SOB... reformat my PC tomorrow.

The last time I did that I ended up with more problems that I originally had.

Why do you fail me so electronics?? First my beloved Creative Zen dies, now PC issues I can't fix.



EDIT!: Just found out that it works perfectly fine when I connect my PC directly to my modem. Could it be the router after all??



3 noodle(s) ordered!!:

Anonymous said...

dear justin,

not that want to give u a wet blanket, i told u don't buy zen edy. :p

hope u faster solve ur comp prob. miss ur able-to-online days. haha...

by: mr anti-creative aka cool jay

Adrian said...

first try:

1.go command promp.
2.use the ping command ot tracert.(e.g. "ping www.facebook.com" or "tracert www.facebook.com")
3.see if there is any reply.

i guess it has to be the router forwarding or your java script...

to fix the router problem, you might want to make your IP address static and later forward in your router...ok since i dont know what modem you are using i you give a brief procedure...

1.get connected to your router.
2.use command promp and type "ipconfig -all" . get your IP address, subnet mask(this is pretty standard 255.255.255.0), default gateway IP and your DNS server IP
3.go to the "network and internet connection" and go to your network icon. right click go to "properties" .next go to "internet protocol (TCP/IP)" and enter you IP information manually.
4.go to browser type "http://192.168.1.1" ...get to your router and set a rule for your current static IP address...the username and password is "admin:admin" or maybe "admin:password"...

to fix your java script just get a newest version from java...Google java...

try not to configure your registry unless you are pretty sure of it.

Titus said...

By wireless, can you connect to the network? Or just can't surf?

I guess is your wireless. Probably a conflict or router confusion with many connections to it.

How to solve it? I hope to learn this year in class. LOL