Pages

What a week!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ah.. Such a nice relaxing Monday. =D

Too bad it's only for this week, starting next week onwards I have to attend labs on Monday afternoons. Let me enjoy this one for the meantime. =)

It's been quite the week, first was the start of a new semester. Won't want to bore you with the details. In a nutshell, it's going to be a crazy semester. I'm absolutely terrified of Engineering Design.. The only thing I find fascinating this semester is Intelligent Robotics. Hurray for C programming! =D

The others? Meh.. No telecommunications subjects, no computing subjects. Sigh.. My electronics knowledge is a joke. Gotta work on that..

My timetable was a pain to organize. What a mess, it was clashing all over the place. Every unit change I made brought different problems to the timetable. Even with my finalized timetable now there's a clash but there's nothing much I can do about it. Take it like a man I suppose..

Then there was Wednesday's incident..


Sing Ping's Appendix surgery
What we thought was a gastric pain turned up to be Appendicitis. Now that I think of it, thank God she didn't get this during the Red Center Tour. If it did she'd be able to try out the Royal Flying Doctor Service, hahaha.

Sing Ping's Appendix surgery
Just before the operation. Still have time to joke. Haha.

The surgery technician at the back expects to see this picture somewhere in facebook. lol..

I really think the girl is a champion. She seemed so cool, calm and collected as the doctor told her she needed an operation to remove the appendix and to examine the other organs in case there are any problems. I'm personally terrified of operations and pray I won't need to be cut open ever. Imagine the trouble it is needing surgery while being away from family and while studying abroad.. Starting the semester with a bang eh Sing Ping?

Fortunately, it was a straight-forward procedure. The appendix was found slightly inflamed and was removed. No other problems were spotted elsewhere. =)

Sing Ping's Appendix surgery
After the operation. Thumbs up for modern medicine!

Thanks to the wonders of modern medicine, recovery shouldn't take too long. She'll be back to whoop our backsides in ping pong again in no time! =D

Flowers
Flowers
Flowers
Flowers from her sons (Nick and Beng), Ceci, Izzy and Carmen.

I never knew that white roses were meant for funerals. When I saw them I thought they were gorgeous, hahahaha. While Jun Wei was looking around for a vase for the flowers in the hospital we overheard the nurses talking to each other..

"White roses?! I won't let them put the bouquet on my table if I was the patient!"


Ahahahahaha! xD I didn't know Australians were so superstitious. I can imagine the chinese nurses in Malaysia saying this, but didn't expect that here.

Only a handful of us were around for the weekend. The bulk of the gang went to Fall's Creek for a ski trip. Sounded so fun!! Quick Ru O! Quickly organize your cell group trip!!


On Saturday I went down to the City to meet up with Einy, my classmate back in secondary school. =D

City at night
Melbourne Central
Einy, Flinders and me.

It was certainly nice to catch up after so many years. Eating 2 dollar roti canai at the park in the shivering cold of winter was certainly an experience. xD Hard to imagine that it has been 4 years already since I left secondary school! How time flies!

I brought my guitar wife to the city to look for a shop that does servicing. Thanks Einy for taking me to the place! =D Cranbourne Music was magical.. Wonderful gorgeous guitars I can never afford hang on the wall on both sides of the place. SG's, Les Paul's, X-plorers. Telecasters, Strats, Jaguars.. Wah!!

Toby/My wife needed his/her (I'm not sure) frets resurfaced. It was worn out so bad that it made buzzing noises, much like the Squire Strat that was back in church before it was serviced. How I wish I was in Malaysia, it would have been heaps cheaper..

So my guitar wife will be at the repair shop spa for a week. Her full make-over will cost 120 dollars. (TT_TT) It's to be expected I guess. They'll do the works, resurfacing the frets, intonation, restringing, repairing my machine head, hopefully some cleaning and polishing. Hope they'll be done on Saturday like they said! I miss Toby already. Had to lend Leslie's hot Ibanez for a few days to get my fix, lol.

Here's to a good week! =D



1 noodle(s) ordered!!:

Cool Jay said...

the carnation is from khong and me leh... but dunno what it means. when i see the rose, i tot i remember the wrong thing where i suppose is for funeral too. i wonder what carnation means. sing ping is really tough and strong.

hope this sem is a good one... expect to be tough but fun...

work hard for design...