Pages

Photograph

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Packing is harddddddd.

How do you fit 1 year of your life into 2 suitcases?

Taking down 4 posters and all the photos on my wall was no easy feat either.

Looking back at the photographs, I'm reminded of how blessed I am to have spent the year here.

The new environment, the new experiences, the new sights seen. I've done things I never thought I would do, learned new things everyday. More importantly, I've met the new friends that will forever have a place in my heart. Wonderful people who have shown me their warmth, friendliness, care, compassion and love.

It feels like I've known them forever even though it has only been a short year. I guess that's what you feel after seeing them every single day and living only 30 steps away from everyone.

The last batch of photos I took down were the ones of home, of the people whom I can't wait to see again when I get back, family and close friends that I truly miss. I've felt how it is to be separated from the one I love by distance, to be tested by time.

I've seen God's mercy, grace and forgiveness. How he takes something broken and uses it for His glory and turns it into something beautiful. I've seen His providence for me, giving me what I clearly don't deserve, giving me strength to carry through.

What a year it has been..


Thank you Lord.

And in 3 days, I'll be leaving this land I've called home for a year..

As much as I long to be home, I'll miss this place.. I really will.


Every memory of looking out the back door
I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor
It’s hard to say it
Time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye
Every memory of walking out the front door
I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for
It's hard to say it
Time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye



It's hard to say it, time to say it.

Goodbye, goodbye.



1 noodle(s) ordered!!:

Jon said...

welcome back :)

we can't offer 10000gigabit LAN transfers but hopefully siew yuk and mamaks will suffice ;)